Thursday, March 4, 2010

Funny Every Day

It's not like they are even saying sentences yet, but they still manage to make me laugh daily with the simple one liners- or worders. . . How easily they have learned how to manipulate with a "pleeasseeee" or a simple smile. Here are some of my favorite moments where I have realized they are growing up. It makes me grin and almost cry all at the same time.

For instance- something as simple as catching Carter asleep on the couch watching Mickey Mouse Club with blankets he had toppled over the top of him. It sounds so basic but they have never fallen asleep anywhere but a crib or car. . . okay, or jumperoo. It was the sweetest sight, such a little boy, but then I almost cried (call me pregnant). . .

Speaking of pregnant, every mom knows you never feel beautiful . . . that's an understatement, you always feel slow, messy, and just darn ugly (or is it just me?) . . . So this last remark made me glow: I was at the doctor's waiting to have my terrible horrendously looking legs looked at (speaking of feeling gross) and was reading a "Lucky" magazine. Tyler kept looking at the front and pointing to Mandy Moore and saying "Mama" with a smile. I love him. And of course to hear it again, I kept asking "Who is that Ty?"

Then last night Travis had work till really late so he wasn't home to help put the boys down. I ready them "Goodnight Moon" and stated time for bed. But Tyler ran over to the shelf and pulled out "Puff the Magic Dragon" and said "Dadda's Book, Dadda's Book!" Travis sings it to them all the time. It's adorable to see.

And they have been teething nonstop the past week so I have Motrin on their changing table. Last night Carter points to it saying "Medicine please, please, please" . . . He knows the word medicine??? I said "you only get medicine if your teeth hurt." He and Tyler both stopped dead in their tracks, looked at me, and stated almost simultaneously with big doe-eyes "Teeth hurt" . . . really? The things they will say to get what they want when the hardly know ANY words! Almost every night Carter now stands up immediately when we put him to bed and says "Poopie"- just so we will take him to the toilet and he gets out of bedtime. Manipulators I tell you.

But their VERY favorite is saying "bye bye" . . . it started almost a year ago as a tantrum controller. When they would start getting fussy somewhere I would tell them we are leaving so start saying "bye bye." It always calms them down- Now it is an obsession. Random people get kisses blown to them and even a little boy in Costco got a big bear hug from behind from Carter this past weekend. But the best? I was at home getting the boys rallied and down the stairs when Carter stopped, crawled right back up frantically and looked around and said to the two toys in sight "Bye Bye Truck, Bye Bye Bus" - smiled very content and slid back down the steps.

No comments: