Monday, May 23, 2011

TEN FISH!



It has been a long time dream of the boys to go fishing with our Uncle Bill on his "big boat" . . . It happened last weekend at Hagg Lake and expectations were not just met for them but Travis and I also had the BEST time! 

We thought we would be lucky if the boys made it a couple hours out on the water if that and we never thought we would catch much. . . but more than 5 hours later, we were driving home TEN fish.  So much fun. 

THANK YOU Uncle Bill!  You have been the talk of the household since!

In the boat waiting to be put in the water.  Excited but skeptical.  (Carter left)

Fish #1 Took a while. . . So I started this "game" to hopefully bring us luck: We took our own goldfish (crackers) and started feeding them to each other to motivate the fish to start biting.  It worked like a charm!
The boys' First Catch
Uncle Bill and Carter
  
They loved holding and playing with the caught fish (poor things) but one wiggled up towards Tyler's face and gave him a big kiss.  Tyler threw it down TERRIFIED.  I caught the latter moment.  His disbelief.  It was hysterical.

Happy Dad


Just hanging and waiting

 
The conversations these two had were too funny.  Talking about the fish, how to catch them with their "bear claws". . . classic. The three adults were laughing all day.


The boys fell asleep within minutes of leaving the boat dock.  We followed Uncle Bill back to his place for him to clean and gut out the fish for us.  Then the moment came I was nervous for. . . Tyler and Carter woke up HOURS later (exhausted boys!) and came downstairs begging to see the fish.  "Uh oh" I thought as I was sure they expected to see them in a tank or something.  But being the realist I pulled out the ziploc bag of headless fish and Tyler looked up at me with huge eyes and stated  "They look DELICIOUS!"  Okay then.

Carter blue/Tyler green

The boys are obsessed with their new bikes they got for their birthday from Gigi & Popi.  The bike helmets are also what happens when you take three-year-olds on their big day to pick out their own gear (yes, I would have loved a simple blue or something). . . But they were too excited about the obnoxious sharks (and you can't say "no" on a birthday!) and now wear them around even when not riding bikes. . . which actually seems like a pretty good idea now that I think about it.
My monkey watching her brothers

Tyler thinking he can climb trees

Looking for fish.   I am so excited for more nice days like this and seeking out good trails.

It is amazing how fast they have picked up riding these bikes!  They are really fast and have great balance now.  I am a big fan!


1 comment:

the uffelmans said...

oh my. luke will be so jealous! and i love the helmets!!