Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowdays and Skating

 

The kids loved their three snow days and when we could finally get down the hill- I took them rollerskating for the first time.  4 days in a row of great nappers and unique fun.

Poor Travis had to park at the bottom of the hill two days and walk down early in the morning.  We all screamed our goodbyes, then got bundled up to have some fun.

Soaking in the new experience

Carter just HAPPY

Catching Flakes (Carter, Tyler)

Carter acting mischievous and secretive about who would be on the end of this snowball.  Fortunately, his friend Enzo and not me!
Carter was also quite the worker.  This shovel kept him busy for at least 20 minutes.   That's big.
 
Carter and Enzo

Tyler graciously giving me a snowball to throw at someone.

Cute Enzo


The kids couldn't figure out that Enzo's Jeep just wasn't going to work.  Poor Enzo, having to push while my kids got a ride.
 For some reason, Maizy has just kind of become Tyler's dog.  He ADORES her.  Constantly lays on top of her, pets her, walks her around the house like it's a dog show, always wants to feed her, as well as give her timeouts daily when she is not really wanting to be walked around the house by collar being presented.  It's very sweet though.  So one snow day he asked me if I would take pictures of them together.   A little photo session of the two.  Poor Maizy gets woken from her oh so nice nap, as Tyler gives her kisses, pets, hugs, just a good SMOTHER.


My favorite photo from the session

But Tyler says this is his favorite picture ever.  I asked why and he says "It's my favorite cause I am hugging Maizy and just love her so much."
First time on skates.  Although Carter says:

Carter:  "Mama, I have an idea?" (oh boy I think- he does this a dozen times daily in the same fashion)
Me: "Yes Carter"
Carter:  (and always in a complete sentence and much louder) "My idea IS (emphasis on "is" with a pause)... If I do this, we go to the mountain with cousin Luke and wear two skis." 

Always trying to make some deal.
Tyler in front

Always have the same expression... Anna tried to skate for like two seconds.

Carter- yeah, I think he's done.



1 comment:

the uffelmans said...

mmmmmmk. carter "just happy" is the cutest thing ever. tyler with his dog is the other cutest thing ever. i am so jealous that brian and luke get to see you guys!