Thursday, May 21, 2009

Papa becomes an Angel

Today God became very lucky. Papa joined Him. And through all of the tears, it's a beautiful thing.

I lost my beloved dance partner (many of you will remember him charming the socks off everyone at our wedding) . . . and below- it's a wave seen not just here on the dance floor but every time we left my grandparents, he would come out and wave us off until we were out of sight. Every time. Such a sweet goodbye.

How much he is cherished, and will be deeply missed.
Tonight, Carter was being a needy and wanted to be rocked to sleep. I am so glad he did cause as I was mesmerized in my son, I realized it is something Great Grandma felt rocking Papa years ago. And wow, they were reunited today. What a happy mom.



I love my Papa.

2 comments:

the uffelmans said...

so sweet kara. love you.

Autumn said...

So sorry for your loss, Kara!