Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby Annamarie

Nerves, Anxiety, Fear. . . all things I felt before 1:19pm May 27th. In love- the feeling that took over. No mom can ever explain it fully, but every mom reading this knows how completely emotional and perfect your world is when you welcome a new little baby into it. And that's Anna- simply perfect.Everything went smoothly. I was so anxious and for no reason! This time I felt better and Anna quickly transitioned- call it a singleton versus twins but she is amazing: a great eater, sleeper (and I am crossing my fingers THIS is not a phase) cuddler, she rarely cries (another non-phase I hope) etc.

Our only holdup- her name. We held off till Sunday morning before heading home to make the final decision. Her full name: Annamarie Joanie Mack. It includes so many names of the important and beautiful women in her life: Anne is both Gigi's and Grandma's middle name (we just wanted to combine the two), Marie is my middle name and her Aunt Rhonda's, and Joanie is named after my dear Aunt Joan who has been such a wonderful, thoughtful and amazing person in my life.
Above: VERY happy parents
Below: We couldn't take more pictures- she is so beautiful
Above: This was the last time she had a "binky" - like the boys she just spits it out. Sometimes I wish my children did like them- but I know I will be thankful later. It's funny how with the boys, I had them in the "hospital attire" but with her, I dressed in pink from day 1- she was too cute to just wear white!

Below: The boys met her on the day she was born- and loved her. We were so excited to see them kiss her repeatedly and say "Baby Sister" . . . they saved some kisses for me too. I love them. (Tyler is in green, Carter blue)Below: Heading Home- "Clooney Booties" and all . . . The boys were thrilled to have her sit in the middle. They both put their hand on her seat the ride home- too cute.Below are our Visitor Pictures: my parents, Grandma, Great-Aunt Joanne and Great-Aunt Mary (I always laugh adding the word "great" to their names cause look at them!), Jenny, Dr. Barrett, Kendall & Melanie & KadenAbove: You can see the "list" of possible names behind you. Travis and I are "known" for having this- a bit indecisive- it's just so hard to name a baby! I really do have a tough time with it. But now that I look at it, Annamarie was written first- we should have taken that as a hint.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS Mack family!! SOOO happy for you guys.. she is beautiful!!!

ml said...

She is just precious!! What a doll. We cannot wait to meet her soon! You are blessed. xoxoxoxo

Kennedy said...

Kara & Travis..you are so sweet!! Thank you for posting all the pictures so soon!! Loved them...mother and father of THREE! You look fabulous...glad you had all the visitors.

P.S. Jack wants her binky!!

Molly said...

Annamarie, what a perfect name for a perfect little baby girl. We can't wait to meet her! Congratulations!

The Finholm's said...

Congrats Mack Family! She's beautiful...just like her mama.

Kelli said...

Congratulations Kara! She is absolutely beautiful...babies are so amazing, and baby girls are something just plain dreamy...xoxo

and great job with the name...very heartfelt, classic and lovely!