Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy 60th Birthday Aunt Joanie!!!

Carter, Joan, Tyler, Camden
Wishing my very special, thoughtful, stylish, fun (the list goes on) aunt a very happy 60th birthday.  I have fond memories of the many outings Joan (always Joanie to me) has taken me on, starting from when I was very little.  A favorite: staying with her all by myself (yay no brothers!) as she took me shopping for my first ever (and only) charm necklace- which were VERY cool back in the day- all plastic with the cutest charms ever.  I adored it and we had so much fun spending time together.   I remember being all smiles and just a happy little girl. 
We all love you Aunt Joanie!

We had a big picnic celebration for her last weekend at my mom's family's ol' stomping grounds- Mt. Tabor Park. 

with the great-nephews and nieces
  I have always said in my next life I want to be Joan's dog.  Quite the life.  Had to sneak a shot when I caught her feeding Jack her cake :)

 
Joan and Jack

Annamarie and Lani helping her open up her gift

Neat quote... "To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time" - Clara Ortega

Whole bunch of aunts, uncles, cousin, dogs :)  and our Nana.

My dad, mom, Mike and Janet (in back), Joan, Mary Ann and Jim in front.

Nana with her kids

Popi love

Lani love

 
oh my- already trying to give me a pouty pose- funny this is all they could muster.  It's all laughs with these two around each other.
 
Case in point, trying to tackle Popi together

2 comments:

Kennedy said...

Kara .. Sooo sweet of you to post this -with all the memories! Thank you so much!! We have had loads of fun and hope for many more!!! Love you ll. the picnic was so much fun!!!

the uffelmans said...

Looks like so much fun. Sad to miss it!